For Cherokee Nation citizen artists and performers needing assistance with expenses related to preparing and traveling to art shows, events and markets. To support their efforts and help them recover from the pandemic, artists can apply for a reimbursement of up to $2,000 annually of related expenses pertaining to registration, travel, advertisements or supplies for qualified art markets or art shows.
MARKET ACCESS SUPPORT PROCESS:
1. Submit market access support pre-application.
2. Submit list of estimated art show and travel expenses.
3. Present acceptance letter to art market or invitation for exhibition.
4. Staff will notify artist of application status.
5. Submit market access support post-application.
6. Present all original final expense receipts.
REIMBURSEMENT AND SUPPLIES:
• Each pre-application will need to be accompanied by a list of estimated expenses (federal travel rates.)
• Reimbursement of up to $2,000 max annually for qualifying registration, travel,
supplies and/or advertisements for qualifying art markets/shows/exhibits. • Shows must have occurred between January 2023-December 2024.
• Each post show application will need to be accompanied by a list of final expenses (federal travel rates) accompanied by original receipts.
• Participation is open to all Cherokee Nation citizen artists and performers, with preference given to Cherokee National Treasures.
• Participants must provide a copy of their Cherokee Nation citizen blue or photo ID card.
• Applications and qualifying shows will be subject for approval.
• Artist must agree for Cherokee Nation to list or promote their market success in reference to the Cherokee Artist Recovery Act.