Have you heard about the OklaHomies Short Film Contest? While you’re at home and practicing social distancing, you can make a movie from your smartphone, no camera gear or experience required and cash prizes could be yours. Anyone in Oklahoma can participate as long as you follow the rules and regulations, which can be found HERE. Time is ticking… Enter now before the April 8 deadline!
We wanted to give you some app suggestions for iPhones and Androids to make the movie-making process silky smooth. Click the links to watch tutorials for each editing app. Here’s our list:
- iMovie – This app comes standard on iPhones and is simple to use. https://youtu.be/2zBzDXGhJuk
- Splice – A great app that is very popular. It can edit in portrait and landscape orientation and other aspect ratios. https://youtu.be/oSb-r2rAnPk
- Spark Camera & Video Editor – This app is a more intuitive take on a video editor. It also includes controls for your iPhone camera. https://youtu.be/6UyOCQ6iqzk
- Filmora Go – This is a straightforward editor for iPhone and Android. For Android users, this app comes highly recommended. https://youtu.be/wiaNwycdtNo
- Quik – This is one of the simplest, and quickest, editing apps on our list. It is available for iPhone and Android. https://youtu.be/Jpcu46SHl7c
- Videoshop – Available on iPhone and Android. https://youtu.be/VBAprmpq3tw
- Honorable Mention: Premiere Rush – This is available on the App Store or Google Play, but you may have to start a free trial with a new Adobe account if you don’t have one. https://youtu.be/Tsc81qbpy6g
Good luck and we can’t wait to see what you submit! It’s really easy. If you haven’t seen it, our team made our own movie. Check it out HERE.
Read more at http://cherokee.film/